See why riding with us is a breath of fresh air.
Maybe it's because we're a Maine bus company or maybe it's because
we have children, but here at Northeast Charter & Tour we
believe in taking responsibility for leaving the world a little
better for the next generation. If you ask Scott the owner why
it’s important he would tell you, “Because it’s
the right thing to do.”
For a four hour trip, a car emits approximately 400 pounds of carbon dioxide. For that same trip, a bus emits approximately just 150 pounds of carbon dioxide.
It is because of this philosophy, and overall company-wide efforts, that NorthEast Charter was recognized by the American Bus Association as the 2013 Green Operator of the Year – one of only two motorcoach companies in the country to receive this honor.
Scott Riccio, President of NorthEast Charter, accepts the 2013 American Bus Association Green
Operator award from Pat Ziska, Vice President Marketing & Sales, Motor Coach Industries at the
ABA Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Our variety of eco-friendly travel options means you can make a difference in the environment by choosing group transportation services with Northeast Charter & Tour. According to the American Bus Association, an individual traveling by motorcoach averages eighty-three percent less energy and produces eighty-five percent less carbon dioxide emissions than a single occupied automobile.
We do all we can to decrease our own carbon footprint, not only in our buses, but also at our headquarters in Lewiston, Maine.
Here are just a few other ways we contribute to a greener Maine:
- Installed motion lights to save on electricity after regular business hours when employees depart and return from bus trips
- All our lights use CFL and T5 bulbs
- Created efficient heating systems by installing fans with variable speeds to push heat down to the garage floor and improve circulation
- We recycle all cardboard, paper and plastics products that are left on our buses
- Have developed a bottle redemption program in our building and on our buses, just look for the blue box!
- Recycle all scrap metal from the garage
- During the cold winter months in Maine, we heat our service garage with natural gas and waste oil.
- Use true synthetic motor oil in all buses to reduce the amount of oil usage.
- Recently purchased a 6,000 gallon diesel fuel tank to fuel up buses on our property rather than wasting the fuel to drive to the closest fuel station. With this tank, we save 4,000 gallons of diesel fuel per year.
To reach one of our friendly representatives, call 207-784-3159, or our toll free number 888-593-6328 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax your request to us at 207-786-0579.
Because of our commitment to customer service, we don’t believe you should have to press numbers or listen to recorded messages. When you call us, we promise you will speak directly to a person. We invite you to call and speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff members Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For last minute plans or emergencies, we also have an answering service available to answer your questions 24 hours a day at 888-593-6328. After receiving your call they will contact the person on duty.